Extended Access Service
A new service, commissioned by NHS England (which is part of the Government’s ‘General Practice Forward View’ Programme) has enabled collaborative working to allow additional access to patients of the following 9 practices:
- Dr H R McMurray & Dr M Kurian Surgery
- Barlborough Medical Practice
- The Springs Medical Partnership
- Welbeck Road Health Centre
- Shires HealthCare Shirebrook
- Crags Health Centre
- Creswell & Langwith Surgeries
- Friendly Family Surgery Bolsover
- Castle Street Bolsover
This group of 9 practices in North East Derbyshire will be known as the ‘North Derbyshire GP Collaborative’.
Additional access will be provided at 3 of the practices in the area on behalf of all 9 practices.
This additional access will be in the form of pre-bookable and on-the-day appointments which can be booked via your own practice where you are registered.
These will be available during evenings and weekends.
You will still remain registered with your existing practice and your existing access to your practice will not be affected. This service is available in addition to the current GP practice services provided.
What are the three practices?
Details of the three practices providing this service are:
- The Springs Medical Partnership: Open until 20:00 on Monday and Tuesday
- Barlborough Medical Practice: Open Saturday Morning from 08:00 – 11:30
- Welbeck Road Bolsover: Open until 20:00 on Wednesday and Thursday
Friday evening appointments (until 20:00) will be provided on a rolling basis.
DHU Health Centre will provide the service on Sundays and Bank Holidays.
Not each site will be open extra hours each day, you must telephone first.
We are unable to see patients who do not pre-book an appointment.